Director, Visual Media
Texas A&M University
College Station, Texas
|Date Posted||January 21, 2023|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Salary||$85,000 to $92,000|
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Who We Are
The Division of Marketing & Communications tells the story of Texas A&M and promotes and protects the Texas A&M brand. We achieve our goals through:
- Messaging: We work with peers across campus to develop, distribute and assess messaging about Texas A&M's global impact in preparing future generations of leaders and improving lives through discovery and outreach.
- Branding: We maintain the University Brand Guidelines and provide tools and resources for our campus partners.
- Brand Oversight: We oversee licensing, trademark management and corporate business development relationships to maximize their commercial benefit to the university.
- For more information, please visit us at https://marcomm.tamu.edu/
What We Want
The director of visual media is responsible for producing and managing the video and photo assets within the Division of Marketing & Communications. The director oversees project assignments, monitors progress and identifies and implements operational procedures to maximize efficiency, as well as assists the team of time 15 to 20 creatives with producing content. As a brand champion, the director promotes consistent use of the visual identity of the university brand. The director has extensive experience with digital asset management, video production and editing, as well as studio/ location lighting. Manages a team of visual media professionals from throughout the largest university in the nation and oversees a student internship program, while working collaboratively across the campus community, including but not limited to colleges, departments, student organizations and marketing & communications creative, digital, news and web teams. The director must be willing to learn new skills. The selected candidate will subscribe to and support our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability as stated above. If this job description sounds interesting to you, we invite you to apply to be considered for this opportunity.
What you need to know
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate to selected hire’s experience.
Cover Letter/Resume’: A cover letter and resume are strongly recommended. You may upload these documents on the application under CV/Resume.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts and/or Art Direction, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ten years or more of experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 years of video production and photography experience, including managerial experience. Some journalism experience and proficiency with PhotoShelter.
Preferred Licenses and Certifications:
- FAA – Part 107 Drone Certification.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Adept at spotting trends in the industry.
- Clear and consistent communicator, both with team members and when representing the team.
- Team player with a good attitude.
- Ability to work professionally and harmoniously in a service-oriented position.
- Self-motivation and ability to manage time efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Proficiency with Macintosh systems and utilities.
- Mastery of digital SLR and Cinema cameras, image editing, cinema camera operations, set design, continuous and strobe lighting, post-production editing, color grading, and audio editing.
- Proficient in Apple Final Cut, Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Passionate about storytelling in higher education.
- Assignment and Asset https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/TAMU_External/job/College-Station-TX/Director--Visual-Media_R-057127
- Management - Manages photo and video requests from within and outside of the Division of Marketing & Communications. Makes assignments to team members and is responsible for making sure all components of a project are delivered to the client promptly and by the project deadline. Manages university’s digital asset management system. Recommends creative vision for projects. Vets and manages outside service providers (freelance photographers, voiceover talent, videographers, etc. as well as software and other third-party services utilized by the team).
- Develop and Create Photos and Video - Assists team with creating, producing, filming/photographing, and editing visual media content to support the mission of Texas A&M University. Properly archives all assets. Travel may be associated with production.
- Personnel Management - Oversees 10+ visual media professionals and a student internship program. Offers technical leadership, guidance, constructive feedback and troubleshooting to team members and student interns.
- Team Mentorship - Provides mentorship and guidance to visual media team members to foster growth, conversation, and collaboration while each team member grows their skills and knowledge. Monitors current team processes and keeps pace with changing technologies and trends.
- Professional Development/Training - Attends professional development and training sessions as needed. Performs other duties as assigned.
You may apply for the position here.
Instructions to Applicants: Applications received by Texas A&M University must either have all job application data entered or a resume attached. Failure to provide all job application data or a complete resume could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. We encourage all applicants to upload a resume or use a LinkedIn profile to pre-populate the online application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.