Premium Content Editor
Haymarket Media, Inc
New York, New York
|Date Posted||January 20, 2023|
Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking a Premium Content Editor to join the Campaign US team. This position is located in our New York office.
Campaign US, the quickly growing North American edition of the world’s most established brand covering the world of advertising, is looking to hire an experienced editor to spearhead the development of our new premium content tier.
Are you as comfortable with a spreadsheet as you are with a blank sheet of paper and a tight deadline? Can you multitask? Do you thrive on pressure and love to work a room to learn as much as you can about the world of advertising? We want to talk to you.
Campaign is seeking a Premium Content Editor to build out our growing subscription tier. You will be responsible for conceptualizing and creating an editorial slate of reports, analyses and deep-dives that our most valued paying readers will want to pay more for.
This data-driven editorial offering will include careful analysis of proprietary data to discern trends and tell important stories about this $600 billion global sector. You’ll be able to see and find what others can’t and explain it in the simplest of terms, whether it’s in a short news story or a longer, detailed report for a select group of readers. You don’t wait to be told what to do. You get stuff done.
- Develop an editorial plan and calendar of annual reports, analyses and trend pieces to help build out a new subscription offering for Campaign US.
- Act as a reporter, meeting regularly with contacts in the marketplace to ensure the brand is constantly reporting on the most relevant trends and delivering products that reflect that.
- Analyze data on advertising spend, agency account moves and spend per consumer category and write both detailed reports and briefer news summaries based on the findings.
- Create infographics and tables to include within data-driven stories and reports.
- Work with the data acquisition team to ensure high-quality feeds of information on which to base the reports.
- Be a public face of the brand to present report findings at events and conferences, and sometimes on podcasts and videos.
- Work closely with the editor in chief, commercial lead and subscription manager to ensure the relevance of the reports to the market.
- Be constantly on the lookout for new and emerging trends in the marketplace.
Skills and Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience working as a data journalist, preferably in the advertising world, with a demonstrated ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines.
- Impeccable writing skills and comfort with numbers and spreadsheets.
- A self-starter who works well autonomously but always puts the team first.
- The ability to quickly analyze data and discern the story most relevant to advertising and marketing executives.
- Skill in presenting stories on a variety of platforms. You must be as comfortable writing detailed reports as you are recording podcasts about the industry.
- Great contacts in the business and a willingness to help us recruit for our quickly-growing roster of events.
- Digital native who already knows how to use all the prominent data tools and can sharpen our metal by showing us some new must-have tools.
What We Offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- The salary range for this position is $70,000–$100,000. Compensation will be commensurate with experience, skill level, functional and/or industry knowledge, education level, certifications, as well as other qualifications.
- Paid annual vacation, holiday and sick time off
- Comprehensive health plans including medical, dental and vision
- Competitive 401(k) investment options and generous company matching program
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Employee referral awards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work from anywhere option to ensure work life balance
- Training opportunities through industry-recognized programs
- A creative and passionate workplace and a fun, collaborative team environment
- Three Week “Work from Anywhere” benefit, to ensure work life balance
Campaign US captures the evolution of professional creative services, with a particular focus on the United States. We serve as a resource to creative and marketing professionals adapting to a fast-changing industry, while offering a community where creative talent can share their opinions and celebrate their work and achievements. Every story on Campaign US aims to inform, educate, connect and celebrate the advertising and marketing community. We will also hold the industry to account in important areas like diversity and equity, workplace policies and issues, and cultural blunders.
We are honest, objective, detailed, accurate, witty and sharp. We have our pulse on culture and creativity, backed by a sharp understanding of the media and technology that powers today’s communications. We delve deep on trends and strategies in the industry where others skim the surface. We help you navigate what's happening now while preparing you for what's next.
The best thing about this industry is the talent it attracts. Campaign US is for, about and created by those people. It's a place to showcase inspiring work, debate issues, share opinions, and learn from the best in the business.
Our US platform adds a vital piece to Campaign's global picture. For over half a century we've been the (challenging and championing) voice of the UK advertising industry (Campaign UK). We're now thriving in Asia (Campaign Asia) and India (Campaign India) and through partnerships have taken Campaign into the Middle East and Turkey. Together these local Campaigns are building the most powerful and inspiring global voice for the marketing communications industry.
Campaign's publisher, Haymarket Media, also owns a string of other leading brands that serve the marcoms community around the world. These include PRWeek, a global network of sites serving PR communities in the U.S., U.K. and Asia and Medical Marketing and Media, the media brand of record for healthcare and pharmaceutical marketing and commercialization.
In Asia, Haymarket, in collaboration with Cannes Lions organizer Ascential Events, also hosts the Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity, the most prestigious celebration of excellence in the region's creative communications industry.
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.
When applying for roles with Haymarket Media, you will receive an email directly from a member of the Talent Acquisition team or communication through LinkedIn. You can view our open positions on our website US careers section: www.Haymarket.com