Washington, District of Columbia
|Date Posted||January 13, 2023|
|Salary||$55,000 to $60,000|
OpenSecrets (OS) seeks a Partnerships Coordinator to take the lead in growing our outreach to journalists and advocates, helping them to explain money's influence on the issues of greatest importance to Americans, measuring our success and communicating the results.
The coordinator will create and implement an extensive outreach plan to actively build and maintain partnerships with journalists and activists to ensure robust usage of our money-in-politics data.
As part of this outreach, the coordinator will help OS evaluate strategic opportunities to build partnerships with journalists and advocacy organizations in underserved communities. The coordinator will conduct targeted outreach to solicit ideas for collaboration and updates to OS' online tools that would be useful to partners in their work, enriching OS data resources while serving our partners data needs.
This person will work hand-in-hand with our Research and Media teams to highlight meaningful aspects of the data to expand our audience and our impact.
- Expand reporting partnerships to identify and foster opportunities for collaboration, particularly with nonprofit and community-based newsrooms.
- Provide training and support to advocacy organizations seeking to leverage OS data and analysis.
- Conduct user surveys to examine how media and advocacy groups have used OS data. Track and report on the success of the outreach plan.
- Use analytics tools to routinely measure usage and impact; provide recommendations for site and strategy improvements based on findings.
- Represent OpenSecrets in presentations, at conferences, in collaborative groups focusing on government transparency and money-in-politics. Develop and implement trainings.
- Help develop promotional materials, including print, online, mobile and video resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated skills, experience or degree in political science, communications or related field.
- Experience in analytics, outreach, communications, promotion and research.
- Experience working with journalists and/or advocacy groups.
- Strong communications skills, especially for external audiences, including public speaking ability.
- Exemplary organizational acumen with well-developed multitasking skills.
- A good understanding of the U.S. political system and money's role therein.
- A commitment to best practices in media and an interest in emerging trends.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to strategy development.
- A commitment to OpenSecrets' mission and values.
- The salary range for this position is $55,000–$65,000/year, based on experience and qualifications.
- We are a fully remote organization and this person can be based anywhere in the U.S.
- OpenSecrets offers an excellent benefits package, including full medical, dental, 403(b) match, generous vacation and sick leave, and all federal holidays paid.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to jobs+PartnershipsCoord@crp.org. Please include how you learned about this position in your cover letter.
People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. OpenSecrets is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive organizational culture. We do not discriminate against candidates and employees because of their disability, sex, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, or any other protected status under the law.
ABOUT US: OpenSecrets is the nation's premier research group tracking money in U.S. politics and its effect on elections and public policy. Our mission is to track the flow of money in American politics and provide the data and analysis to strengthen democracy. Our vision is for Americans to use this knowledge to create a more vibrant, representative and accountable democracy.