|Date Posted||January 02, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
WJLA-TV is looking for a dynamic full-time Morning News Anchor to lead our Emmy Award winning Morning News. In addition to being an outstanding journalist with a great personality, you need to be an uplifting team leader. Our anchors are content creators who participate in the planning of our shows and produce content regularly. You must have the ability to ad-lib in a smart creative manner every day, in breaking news or field anchoring. A passion for winning morning news is mandatory! Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. The ability to collaborate with our great team of journalists is key!
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Energy and positivity
- The ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
- Must be a team leader that works well with others
- A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
- Must be able to field anchor
- The ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
- Considerable live shot experience is preferred
- At least 5 years of on-air/anchoring experience is required
- Proven social media engagement necessary
This is not an entry-level position. If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online and include a link to your latest work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.