Prairie Business Editor
Forum Communications Company/Prairie Business
Grand Forks, North Dakota
|Date Posted||November 17, 2022|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
Prairie Business Editor
- Write and assign stories on businesses, businesspeople and the business climate in North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota.
- Oversee all submitted material, ranging from columns to photographs.
- Edit all stories and columns.
- Occasionally work and collaborate with employees of the magazine's sister company, the Grand Forks Herald.
- Work with graphic designers on the layout of the monthly magazine.
- Make recommendations for annual departmental budget.
- Monitor and control budget throughout the year.
- Work collaboratively with news, advertising and circulation staff.
- Work closely with sources to develop topical, timely stories that are relevant to the region.
- Represent the magazine at community events.
- Oversee the Prairie Business website, updating consistently and constantly looking for ways to reach our readers via digital media.
- Oversee all duties associated with various promotions throughout the year, including "50 Best Places to Work," "40 Under 40," and "25 Women in Business."
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar field preferred.
Experience in print journalism required, along with a proven background and proficiency in emerging digital media.
Strong communication and organizational skills. Must be able to work independently.
Photography experience a plus.
At Forum Communications Company, our legacy is deeply rooted in harnessing the power of communication to connect and inform people in the communities we serve. Since 1917, everything we do is driven by creating and sharing information, ideas and insights.
Today, we're a leading media and technology company that's home to a family of people whose passion and purpose is fueled by collaboration and innovation. We believe in supporting each other, working hard towards common goals and having fun.
Come for the perks: Excellent employee culture, competitive pay, 401(k), company-paid volunteer time, health and wellness initiatives for all employees. Additional perks for full-time positions include: comprehensive benefits package, generous paid time off, paid holidays and paid time off for birthday, paid parental and pregnancy disability leave for qualifying employees.
Stay for the people: Family-owned and operated since 1917, development and growth opportunities, inclusive, creative culture, safe working environment, employees of all ages and backgrounds, positive collaboration.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. FCC currently does not offer employer sponsorship.