|Date Posted||November 22, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
It's an exciting time to be a part of WPEC in West Palm Beach, Florida! We are looking for the right person to join our team as a Broadcast Engineer! You will be responsible for designing, installing and maintaining broadcast solutions in a live news, fast-paced environment. WPEC engineering is home to many innovative ideas, methods and approaches to broadcast engineering and technology. Bring along your creative design, project management and systems integration skills and help us build the future of television in South Florida. In addition to supporting CBS News 12, you will help the the team support WTVX, WTCN, WGFL, WWHB and Sinclair's nationally distributed networks: COMET, CHARGE! and TBD. We are the only provider of ATSC3.0 broadcasting in the Palm Beach area.
We work very hard to create reliable and consistent results and are eager to learn how your abilities will compliment our team..
- Assist the engineering team design, build and integrate creative solutions to television broadcast challenges
- Maintain, install, configure and repair a wide variety of complex IT systems
- Demonstrated hands-on installation and decommissioning skills
- Proven methods of troubleshooting
- Provide budget information to support the implementation of new systems
- Provide technical support and instruction to operational users
- Consult and communicate with engineering management and other engineers on technical initiatives
- Create specific engineering signal flow diagrams, spreadsheets and other forms of organized documentation for all technical initiatives
- Adhere to recognized Project Management principles
- Perform all technical work to accepted engineering standards and practices
- Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
- Be able to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via telephone or in person
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts in easy to understand terms
- Be able to create, read and understand technical materials
- Able to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
- Able to concentrate for long periods of time
- Hold a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
- 4 (four) year college degree or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Former military encouraged to apply
- A minimum of 5 (five) years television broadcast experience is a must
- A complete understanding of television broadcast station operations and live news is a must
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.