Washington, District of Columbia
|Date Posted||September 20, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
The Editorial Coordinator is responsible for taking an active role in the planning, coordination and creation of editorial content for Truth Initiative. The coordinator will assist with the creation of digital and print content for external and internal audiences, often working with multiple team members and across expertise centers to complete specific tasks and achieve project milestones. The coordinator works under the direction of the Content Director.
- Manage internal workflow process to ensure seamless and timely content production and that all deadlines are met.
- Assist in the creation of editorial content, including helping write, copyedit, and/or coordinate visuals for original articles, reports, and other external collateral covering topics related to the organization’s work in research, policy, community and youth engagement and public education.
- Serve as the point person for the internal approval process for editorial copy by coordinating with program centers, individual spokespersons and representatives from the Research and Legal teams.
- Maintain the Communications Calendar of events, initiatives, academic journal articles, reports, and other important dates related to the organization’s work.
- Help maintain Truth Initiative website by updating content about our programs and staff, as needed.
- Provide general support and project assistance for content production.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree with 1-2 years of experience in a newsroom, public relations agency or in a communications role at a not-for-profit, advocacy or government organization. Experience writing for an online audience is preferred; ability to work independently and within a team setting; excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to present ideas and information clearly; outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects effectively, as well as manage and meet deadlines; desire to learn and develop skills, with the ability to acquire new knowledge quickly. Basic photography skills preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience with EXCELLENT benefits.
At Truth Initiative, the health and safety of our employees are of the utmost importance. As such, Truth Initiative has implemented a mandatory COVID vaccination policy for all employees who will work at our physical location, attend any of our in-person events or travel on behalf of Truth Initiative. It is expected that all staff are fully vaccinated. Staff unable to be vaccinated because of a medical or religious reason, may request an accommodation to Human Resources.
Interested applicants should submit their resume through our application system at https://truthinitiative.applytojob.com/apply/Hq7W7aBkY6/Editorial-Coordinator
Attn: Editorial Coordinator
900 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001
No telephone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability.