Campaign Legal Center
Washingtong, District of Columbia
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
|Salary||$55,423.00 To 74,985.00 Annually|
Washington, DC, US
Salary Range: $55,423.00 To 74,985.00 Annually
Campaign Legal Center (CLC) is seeking a Media Associate to expand its reach through media engagement and online content. We are seeking someone who has experience building relationships with the press and writing online content for external audiences.
The Media Associate will develop strategic press outreach plans to elevate CLC’s work in its core issue areas and help develop content for the website and press. This position requires attention to detail, strong project management, excellent writing skills and ability to work some nights/weekends for rapid response, when necessary. We work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, and only encourage team players to apply.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Voting Rights and Redistricting.
- Design and implement external press outreach strategies for the organization to help cultivate reporter relationships, such as an e-newsletter for reporters or other creative press outreach initiatives for the organization
- Build and maintain relationships with reporters, including aggressively pitching media outlets
- Write press materials including press releases, statements, advisories and blog posts
- Work with litigation and policy staff to help produce and edit high-quality materials such as advocacy reports, fact sheets, case pages, blogs and op-eds
- Prepare spokespeople for interviews, create talking points and set up interviews
- Plan and manage press conferences/calls and media events
- Manage media clips distribution, media log, posting of clips to website and updating staff spokesperson bios with highlighted media hits
- Conduct trainings for staff on communications best practices, how to speak with the media and how to write op-eds
- Become the master of CLC’s brand rules and educate the staff on brand guidelines and how to use the brand templates
- Perform other administrative and communications tasks as needed
- At least 2 years of experience working in communications for a nonprofit, campaign, on the Hill, or for a public affairs firm serving nonprofits.
- Experience building relationships with press
- Proven ability to craft and implement strategic press outreach campaigns
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills with knowledge of AP style
- Public speaking skills
- Must be a collaborator
- Demonstrated commitment to CLC’s mission