|Date Posted||September 16, 2022|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires, Digital Media|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||$35,000 to $40,000|
We are looking for a reporter at the Verona Press (Wisconsin) who is passionate about telling stories that matter to our community -- someone who is fair, accurate, and ethical. You will be joining a super-talented Editorial team in the Madison market area of our company.
The Verona Press is a paid weekly newspaper and fast-growing hyper-local website. The successful candidate for this position is someone who knows how to cover hard news and loves to write about people and their passions; someone who knows that a good interview is often a good conversation and knows when to ask the tough questions but also when to listen. The ideal candidate has exceptional writing skills and is willing to put in the extra effort and research to deliver an engaging story. They will be passionate about their own photography.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Degree in journalism or a related field. Recent college grads with internship or college newspaper experience will be considered.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and report the news as it happens.
- Superior language, writing and editing skills.
- Some photography -- both still and video -- and associated editing software experience.
- Able to work a variety of schedules, including evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, we would love to hear from you. Apply with your resume along with relevant samples of your work to Publisher Jim O’Rourke at email@example.com.