|Date Posted||September 13, 2022|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Desert Publications Inc., based in Palm Springs, California, seeks a full-time managing editor. Candidates must be enthusiastic multitaskers who can support editors as they produce a variety of magazines, guides, and custom products in both print and digital formats.
The managing editor works closely with the editor in chief, senior editors, art directors, and production manager to administrate and traffic publications through various editorial stages. The managing editor also oversees the flow of custom and sponsored content (text, photography, and layouts), interfacing with clients/publishing partners at every step.
The position requires outstanding organizational, problem-solving, time-management, and copyediting skills, as well as knowledge of AP style and Microsoft Word and Excel and familiarity with InDesign.
- Trafficking editorial (manuscripts, photographs and artwork, layouts, proofs, etc.), from preparing freelance agreements through shipping pages to production
- Assigning and trafficking custom/sponsored/advertorial writing and photography
- Logging in and organizing materials
- Fact-checking and proofreading
- Providing research assistance
- Database entry and management
- Writing copy as needed (editorial and sponsored content for print and digital)
- Pitching and developing new processes that improve or ease client or internal efforts
Candidates must have at least three years’ magazine or newspaper editorial experience.
Send cover letter, resume, and work samples to email@example.com.
Apply for this Job
Send your resume to this employer.