|Date Posted||September 13, 2022|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Desert Publications Inc., based in Palm Springs, California, seeks an Editor to oversee content planning and development for a variety of custom publications and digital properties.
The successful candidate is a self-starting leader who will collaborate with clients, manage freelance writers, and oversee quality control through the proofing and production process. Responsibilities include:
- Meeting and/or speaking with clients to assess editorial objectives
- Assigning and writing stories
- Preparing contracts for freelancers
- Providing manuscript feedback to freelance writers
- Logging materials and providing research assistance
- Line editing and copyediting manuscripts
- Writing headlines, deks, and captions
- Fact-checking information
- Collaborating with art director on photography and design
- Proofreading copy and layouts at various stages
- Writing copy as needed, including text for advertorials, promotional/ad sales collateral material, and newsletters for marketing and sales
- Pitching and developing new processes that improve or ease client or internal efforts
The position requires outstanding copyediting/rewriting, organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills, as well as fine aesthetic sensibilities, solid story judgment, proficiency in AP style and Microsoft Word, familiarity in InDesign, and the ability to plan print and digital content in tandem.
Candidates must have a minimum of five years’ experience in magazine editing and management in a fast-paced, multiple-deadline environment.
Send cover letter, resume, and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this Job
Send your resume to this employer.