|Date Posted||September 06, 2022|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
ASSOCIATE CONTENT WRITER, HOMES.COM – RICHMOND, VA
Are you a motivated, enthusiastic writer seeking to deliver best-in-class content with a team of talented product and design professionals? As a Homes.com Associate Content Writer, you’ll create meaningful content that supports home buyers, sellers, and their real estate agents throughout the home buying journey.
Homes.com (a subsidiary of CoStar Group) is a growing marketplace, reimagining the home search experience for consumers and agents alike. Home buyers can get an insider look at the experience, lifestyle and vibe of neighborhoods where they want to live. And agents have access to innovative tools for growing their business and collaborating with their clients.
CoStar Group has 20+ years' experience in leading digital marketplaces. We are looking to add experienced writers to our team to help create residential narrative content for Homes.com. This role will be supported by our growth and innovation at our expanding global campus in Richmond, Virginia.
As an Associate Content Writer, you’ll be a part of a dynamic, motivated team that strives to produce the best content in our industry. Through expert reporting, you’ll write about the neighborhoods, parks and schools across our site to best inform consumers when they are looking for their next location to call home. This content will help families, individuals, real estate agents, owners, investors, lenders, and more discover communities and drive decisions on residential real estate.
- Research and report on neighborhoods, schools and parks to create local guides for prospective home buyers.
- Work with editors to ensure a consistent tone of voice is delivered across all content.
- Collaborate across a variety of teams including SEO, photo and video to produce cohesive content.
- Collaborate directly with photo managers to ensure the narratives, scripts and shot lists written are done in a manner that works in sync with our photo and video team needs.
- Manage concurrent projects at a range of stages, from concept through to production.
- Present work to other team members and stakeholders to recruit feedback, iterate and improve, and then publish content and launch changes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Creative Writing, English, Marketing, or related field
- Experience following the Associated Press Stylebook (AP Stylebook) and the Chicago Manual of Style guidelines
- 1-3 years of writing/editing experience
- Strong reporting skills, including first-party interviews, to develop content
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent grammar and spelling
- Experience with MS Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written skills communicating ideas, concepts, and designs
- Ability to multi-task assignments through multiple stages of production
- Highly collaborative team player
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent)
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing