Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
|Date Posted||January 25, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
WCIV is looking for a Director for our Newscasts. We help grow the most talented people in television. You have the opportunity to work with a team filled with spirit, passion and imagination. We have an exciting opportunity for a FT experienced, hands-on Newscast Director with strong leadership skills to join our winning team.
- Work as a liaison between the News & Engineering Department.
- Maintain production studio and control room.
- Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution.
- Maintain a strong level of daily communication and collaboration with producers, talent, and the production team.
- Strive to maintain a high degree of production value with strong attention to production aesthetics, accuracy, and show pacing.
- Participate in pre-show planning for special show segments, provide guidance and work with the crew on sets, lighting, and shot blocking.
- Direct or act as crew for newscasts, special studio, and remote productions.
- Provide clear concise communication and direction with management, producers, engineering staff, producers, and talent.
- React in a calm and effective manner to fast-paced, 'live' television and multimedia environments.
- Participate in training less experienced production staff as needed.
- Be a positive team player who possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Degree in a related field preferred.
- Knowledge of INews, Xpression, and Ross switchers a plus.
- Possess strong organizational skills, be self-motivated and have a good visual sense. Must be able to work well under pressure, thrive on deadlines and work a flexible schedule.
- Have the ability to clearly give direction to crew while under pressure.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.