|Date Posted||September 18, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
WLKY has an opening for a strong, take-charge producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment, flexibility and a can-do attitude. Candidates must have a proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news and weather. Must be an excellent writer who takes pride in clean scripts with compelling and concise storytelling. Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing news environment. Candidates must work fast under deadlines and calm under pressure. Must be willing to work weekends, nights or overnights.
- Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to make the newscast an “experience” for viewers
- Working with and guiding reporters in story production
- Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff
- In-person attendance is required
- 2-5 years producing experience
- Knowledge of ENPS preferred
- Experience in a newsroom, the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style, and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2022