|Date Posted||August 05, 2022|
WFSU-TV/The Florida Channel has openings for experienced reporters to join our team as full-time Sr. Reporters - Job Id 52735.
This is a great opportunity for experienced storytellers who can accurately process complex issues, develop relevant story ideas and generate daily content in a timely manner for a statewide audience.
With offices and studio located on the 9th floor of the state Capitol building in Tallahassee, FL, The Florida Channel (TFC) produces programming covering all three branches of state government, and is Florida’s primary source for live, unedited coverage of the Governor and Cabinet, the Legislature, and the Supreme Court. TFC programming is carried by PBS stations throughout Florida as one of their digital sub-channels and delivered statewide by satellite to other program distributors. Live streaming of as many as (14) simultaneous events and archived content are also available online at thefloridachannel.org.
What will you be doing?
You will cover news events and other programming elements statewide and partner with our team of videographers, graphic artists, and editors to deliver in-depth reporting for television and on the web.
What do we need from you?
• A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, or related area and a minimum of three years of reporting experience in a professional newsroom environment.
• Strong writing and research skills and excellent news judgment
• Proven experience writing news scripts on a daily deadline
• Strong interviewing skills and ability to combine sound & visual elements
• Ability to deeply explore issues and enterprise stories
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to satisfy the travel and schedule requirements
• Proof of a valid FL Class E or GA driver’s license or the ability to obtain a license upon hire
• On-camera experience preferred
Applicants will be given story ideas and asked to file a sample report following the interview. A pre-employment background check is required.
Complete Details and To Apply
YOU MUST APPLY ONLINE at https://jobs.fsu.edu, Job ID 52735 to be considered. Complete the online application AND provide a web link to your online portfolio/writing samples (within the past year) for review AND attach your resume. Open Until Filled.
Two positions are available. Applicants who apply to this opening will be considered for both.
First-time applicants will need to create a profile and register a user name and password.
FSU is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf