|Date Posted||August 01, 2022|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Jackson Hole News&Guide and Jackson Hole Daily seek a skilled graphic designer to join our award-winning news organization.
This position is part-time with variable hours. Newspaper experience is a plus, but we’ll train a designer that has the skills. We're based in scenic northwest Wyoming, but remote work may be possible.
Our photographers and designers have won numerous state and national awards.
Photo-rich layouts and information graphics are a big part of our print and online toolkit.
• Software skills: Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop); experience with content management systems a plus
• Personality skills: Organized, good communicator, strong attention to detail, great file management, team player, deadline oriented
• Assist with production process: planning papers, retrieving and importing files to pages, providing accurate reports.
• Design and create pages for weekly and daily papers as well as special sections and information graphics.
• Coordinate with editors, reporters and photographers about story layouts.
• 2+ days a week. Monday, Tuesday, plus additional days. Monday holidays are required at 1 1/2 times hourly rate.
Please send resume, cover letter and portfolio link to email@example.com with “Layout” in the subject line.
Look us up at JHNewsAndGuide.com.