|Date Posted||July 29, 2022|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Epoch Times empowers readers to live a meaningful, healthy, fulfilling life. We aim to uplift and empower through articles that give practical tips, philosophical insights, research-backed findings, and expert advice.
We are currently looking for writers to cover:
– Relevant current events (ex. COVID-19 and others), providing context and insight of the impact on peoples lives and what they can do about it
Interview health authors and experts
– New health study findings
– Current health trends, pros and cons
– The health care system, pros and cons
– Alternative health care options, pros and cons
– Environmental toxins and pollutants and how to minimize exposure based on expert advice
– Mental health, management and treatment, starting with non pharmacological based on expert advice
– Self-improvement, emotion and mood regulation, how to develop better habits based on expert advice
– Relationships and how to have healthy ones based on expert advice
The ideal candidate should be grounded in ethical journalism. We prefer writers that have subject matter expertise. Clarity and brevity are essential. Unedited writing samples are required.
You will work remotely with a health editor.
About Epoch Times’ Mind & Body Section
Mission: We strive to empower readers to take meaningful ownership of their own health and well-being.
Our articles range from heartwarming stories of community do-gooders, to dense, fact-driven how-tos on important health issues. We love the wisdom of traditional culture, and the fascinating insights of new medical research.
– Ability to produce clear and concise copy on deadline
– Excellent command of the English language
– Sophisticated skills in reporting, including, but not limited to, verifying information, research, conducting interviews, etc.
– Ability to provide necessary context to findings
– Bachelor’s degree or
– 2 years of combined experience in news reporting or health-related reporting
– Knowledge and interest in a wide range of health-related topics, trends and methods
– Knowledge of how to interpret and report on scientific studies
To apply, send your resume, a cover letter, 2+ unedited and edited samples of your work (URLs and/or attachments; please include links to any relevant photo or videos samples), and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.