Associate Editor & Assistant Producer
Shriver Media/The Sunday Paper
Los Angeles, California
|Date Posted||July 27, 2022|
|Industry||Digital Media, Newsletters|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Associate Editor & Assistant Producer, The Sunday Paper & Shriver Media
The Associate Editor & Assistant Producer is a multi-functional role that supports and performs all levels of production for a weekly, digital publication, including, among other things, booking, copyediting, content building on digital platforms, and some writing. The role will also assist in the development and production of digital media, such as virtual video summits, Instagram Live interviews, Zoom interviews, and other video series. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is extremely organized, has a passion for the news space and works well under the pressure of deadlines. This is an in-office, Los Angeles-based role, so anyone currently living in LA or looking to move in the very near future should reach out.
- Build original content on newsletter and website digital platforms, including some light graphic design work and video uploading. (Experience with backend website building is a plus.)
- Manage and maintain multiple team calendars, including the Sunday Paper editorial calendar, calendars for upcoming releases of books, movies, tv shows, music, etc.
- Maintain spreadsheets for all newsletter & website data including all aspects of visitor traffic.
- Maintain constant communication with newsletter and website marketing partners.
- Field requests and maintain communications with entertainment and book publicists for upcoming releases.
- Schedule and book interviews with talent and authors.
- Pitch editorial ideas for original written and video content.
- Copyedit original articles, essays, and book excerpts for weekly publication.
- Draft editorial/anchor notes for guest interviews when needed.
- Manage bi-weekly team meeting calendar invites.
- Compose posts for social media (including Twitter and Facebook) and engage with audiences on these platforms.
- Serve as editor and right-hand for veteran journalist’s Twitter feed.
- Help keep the team informed of breaking news events that warrant attention.
- Organize, update, and send a weekly internal briefing document on all ongoing projects at Shriver Media.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience working in a fast-paced news environment. Experience with a digital publication is a plus.
- Outstanding news judgment with a passion for current events.
- Must be highly organized (especially with pitches and booking emails).
- Willing to work on weekends due to publication on Sundays.
- Strong communication skills to help manage a small but mighty team.
- Experience working with high profile public figures is a plus.
- Video and editing knowledge strongly preferred.
Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com