|Date Posted||August 13, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
KETV, Omaha’s News Leader, is looking for a weekday morning news anchor and reporter to join our Hearst Television team at historic 7 Burlington Station.
We’re looking for a newsroom leader and self-starter who is eager to contribute to the nightly broadcast through reporting, writing, and a team-oriented newsroom presence.
The right candidate will be able to convey content with enthusiasm, passion and energy from the studio or live in the field. We’re looking for someone eager to engage with the audience on-air and through social media to build on KETV’s leadership in Omaha morning news.
- Deliver scripted and ad-lib material with professionalism, personality, and purpose.
- Work with producers to develop content for the morning broadcasts
- Regularly produce special project assignments
- Develop a network of sources within the community to break stories before the competition.
- A vibrant social media presence
- Great time management, and the ability to identify projects and complete them on deadline.
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand copy
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Appears on behalf of the station at public events
- In-person attendance is required
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- Proven Anchor with ability to connect with viewers, in addition to strong reporting skills
- A keen interest in national and world events
- Can work in all weather conditions and carry up to 50 pounds
- Has a valid driver’s license, can drive large vehicles over long distances, and a clear driving record
- Ability to work early-morning shifts
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.