|Date Posted||August 13, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
WMTW Portland, Maine's ABC affiliate is looking for a smart, creative, and enthusiastic newsroom professional to join our award-winning team in Portland, Maine. A vision for success is critical, as is a drive to win weather, breaking news, and the big story as we live the "Maine's Total Weather & News" brand every day. The candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to multi-task in the most efficient manner with exceptional communication skills, under strict deadlines.
- Maintain contact with various police, business, and government agencies.
- Answer phones, dispatch crews, listen to scanners/pager, follow social media to develop stories for use on-air and digitally.
- Manage day file/planner-inputting information on upcoming events with background and contact information.
- Coordinate and fulfill requests from other Hearst and ABC affiliates, as well as the network.
- Working with and guiding reporters in story production.
- Selecting and writing content for wmtw.com and the WMTW Mobile App.
- Create social media posts for use on the station's Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Ability to work varying shifts, including nights, overnights, and weekends.
- In-person attendance is required.
- Previous experience in a newsroom preferred.
- Strong news judgment, ethics, and knowledge of legal standards are a must.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and copy-editing skills
- Someone with a working knowledge of state government and the court system is preferred.
- Knowledge of CMS, Photoshop, and HTML is a plus, but not required
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.