|Date Posted||July 07, 2022|
Join the Patch team as a metro newsletter writer and curator. We are looking for newsletter curators in Buffalo, Dallas, Phoenix, St. Louis and Queens NYC.
- Are you proud of your city? Does sharing an important scoop with others bring you joy? Do friends and family turn to you for advice on things to do and places to go?
- Are you a content creator and influencer with a flair for social media?
- Are you interested in earning extra cash while providing a valuable resource for your neighbors?
- Can you dedicate a few hours a day, 5 days a week to an income-producing side project?
If you answered yes to all the above, we invite you to apply for a role as a newsletter curator.
Using Patch's newsletter-curation tools and your knowledge of what makes your city unique and interesting, you'll assemble a useful guide to the most significant news stories and the best things to do each day. You’ll earn a flat fee per newsletter and a commission on local sales revenue generated by your newsletter. You’ll be supported by the Patch sales, product and engineering teams to help you grow your audience and income.
To apply, CLICK ON YOUR CITY and tell us why you're the best person to produce a newsletter for thousands of local readers.
7 qualities of ideal candidates:
- Have a strong connection with and knowledge of their city and an eye for what people find interesting and significant
- Write clearly, crisply and quickly
- Are digitally savvy and are plugged into locally-focused social media groups and communities
- Know the most important organizations and businesses in their city
- Will devote 90 minutes, five days a week to their newsletter
- Would find the idea of growing a local audience and customer base of local businesses exciting
- Are motivated by the idea of building a steady source of recurring monthly income
Marketing or sales experience is a plus though not required.
- Patch’s Newsletter Curator role is an excellent way to get in tune with the community around you and share your local knowledge. I know I have enjoyed helping others stay informed, while learning more myself. — Carlos H. (Florida)
- I've been curating for almost a year now, and I love what I do. The best part is the feedback I get from my readers and followers. Their words of encouragement and suggestions are always meaningful and their positive feedback really makes my day! — Kathy M. (South Carolina)
What our metro subscribers say:
- Always entertaining and inviting! A guaranteed local cultural gem to have!
- I’m addicted to your news now! Love the tone of voice! Great job!
- The information you share is informative and interesting. There’s something for everyone. Easy bite-sized pieces.
- Interesting, and current events. Sad news also. Everything is clear and concise.
- Great mixture of news. Something for everyone!