|Date Posted||August 05, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA has an opening for a strong, take-charge News Producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. The right candidate will have a track record of being creative, aggressive, have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. We expect excellent news judgment, a can-do attitude, and the ability to follow and execute research-based strategies that are developed and implemented by the news management team. Candidates must have a proven track record of winning the big story, breaking news and weather. Candidates must be fast and calm under pressure and be able to work well in a room of same-minded pros. The successful candidate will know how to use digital/social media to find great stories as well as to post them.
• Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts to further the high-paced Pittsburgh's Action News 4 branding
• Working with reporters and photojournalists to develop highly visual stories in assigned newscasts
• Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photojournalists, editors, digital producers and production staff
• Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
• Ability to synthesize and summarize information into easy-to-understand components
• Creative presentation style and ability to showcase all resources and elements
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
• Two years producing experience preferred
• Experience with ENPS preferred
• Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
• Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.