|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing, Digital Media, Trade Publications|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Adhesives & Sealants Industry (ASI) is focused on in-depth coverage of adhesive and sealant manufacturing, formulations and finished products such as:
ASI offers useful information targeted toward global manufacturers, formulators and end users of adhesives and sealants, as well as coatings, for applications in automotive, electronics, packaging, construction and more.
ASI presents real-world solutions to processing, manufacturing and application problems, and covers key issues such as sustainability, environmental and legislative concerns, and global trade.
Adhesives & Sealants Industry is seeking a dynamic person to fill the role of Editor-in-Chief.
Editor-in Chief’s Responsibilities
· Create, produce and deploy quality editorial content on multiple digital platforms.
· Establish the editorial direction of the brand and all integrated media products.
· Successfully manage the daily execution of the editorial mission and strategy for the brand.
· Serve as brand ombudsman.
· Analyze, measure and recommend strategies to enhance editorial engagement.
· Produce error-free, stimulating and thought-provoking content for all products. Edit all content, including submitted content.
· Recruit article content. Utilize contributors when necessary. Manage copyright forms.
· Manage relationships with contributing writers/columnists to produce features/columns. Edit features and columns.
· Ensure all editorial deadlines are met.
· Follow BNP Media’s code of ethics and Editorial Guidelines; maintain journalistic integrity.
· Collaborate with brand team and appropriate BNP Media staff on the look, feel and user experience with all products.
· Plan annual editorial calendar. Collaborate with publisher and brand team to identify content opportunities. Identify new solutions and make recommendations to implement based on the industry and changing digital market.
· Serve as a brand liaison to internal departments (i.e., web, social, eNews, etc.); and work cooperatively with BNP staff.
Specific job responsibilities include:
· Produce (12) eMagazine issues per year.
· Plan, assign and execute issue content, editorial, photography and cover artwork.
· Create/produce the Editor’s column monthly
· Use AP Style and proofread all editorial pages, including headlines, captions, folio and masthead.
· Review and approve each eMagazine edition.
· Proof and approve deployment email blast.
· View stats each month.
· Goal: increase open-rate and reader engagement.
· Provide direction to Online Support Coordinator for posting issue content and other editorial. Supply tagging and key phrases; re?write headlines for website SEO. Supply multimedia content.
· Write or create multimedia content for website including videos and podcasts
· Oversee and/or add a minimum of three new content items to website daily.
· Load items (other than monthly issue) via ePublishing, such as news items and blogs.
· Regularly monitor website, evaluate content boxes and static sections, respond to comments and view stats. Review navigation bar on a bi-annual basis for updates and changes.
· Evaluate website analytics on a regular basis to identify potential problems or growth areas.
· Goal: Continue to increase website traffic and variety/amount of online content.
· Create/oversee the deployment of e-Newsletters per pre-determined schedule, following BNP Media’s eNews Guidelines.
· Include editorial content and links that drive traffic back to brand website.
· Monitor / review stats for each edition.
· Maintain copies of eNewsletters for archive.
· Assist editorially in sponsored eblasts, such as Sneak Peeks and Show Dailies.
· Goal: Increase eNewsletters open- and click-through rates. Make recommendations for improving newsletters.
· Manage the posting of non-advertising content on all of brand’s social media platforms.
· Manage and update brand’s Facebook page.
· Manage and tweet on Twitter pages.
· Post news and links to articles on LinkedIn a minimum of three times daily; ask questions and respond when appropriate.
· Monitor/manage social media outlet usage (i.e., remove/report abuse). Respond to comments.
· Post editorial videos to YouTube channel
· Regularly monitor stats and trends.
· Adhere to corporate social media policy and follow guidelines set forth in the social media best practices documents.
· Goal: Increase the amount and variety of content items which will result in increased followers and/or engagement.
Multimedia and Events
· Produce editorial multimedia efforts such as video (show and in-studio) and podcasts.
· Moderate brand webinars.
· Promote/market brand webinars and live/virtual events through all editorial channels.
· Back up all materials and editorial files on Dropbox.
· Attend required BNP Media Learning Network editorial training and webinars.
· Administrative duties as required.
· Adhere to all BNP Media policies as outlined in the staff manual.
· Other tasks as assigned.
· Manage freelance budget.
· Travel/attend key industry events, including trade shows, conferences and manufacturer facilities.
· Proof marketing pieces; provide editorial copy when appropriate.
· Serve as external brand liaison by serving on industry boards.
· Speak at industry events when requested.
· Channel editorial appropriately for Content Syndication.
· Produce content for sponsored products (InfoCenters, ebooks, Show Dailies, Conference publications, etc.).
· Review supplied native advertising content.
· Support custom editorial opportunities via Engage (freelance rate to be negotiated if applicable).
Job Type: Full-time
Send your resume to this employer.