Video Production Specialist
WGVU Public Media
Grand Rapids, Michigan
|Date Posted||June 16, 2022|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||$40,000 to $45,000|
We are looking for an innovative Video Production Specialist interested in exploring the systemic issues of race, poverty and class in the communities we serve. This position works collaboratively with the inclusion reporter to create high quality content that is educational, informative, inspiring and entertaining using all WGVU’s delivery platforms. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to be creative, innovative, organized as well as the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Work with inclusion reporter to create content for on-air, web and social media, including short and long-form stories.
- Responsible for operating various equipment, including but not limited to video cameras and video editing equipment.
- Use a multitiered approach to inform community narrative and inspire conversations around the issues that affect vulnerable populations.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- A minimum of two years video production experience.
- Proficiency in non-linear editing.
- Proficiency in videography and working with different styles of cameras and field equipment.
- Creative individual with demonstrated experience in producing content in various delivery styles including long form stories and short form digital content.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and under deadline.
- Candidates must be committed to the mission of WGVU, PBS, NPR, and GVSU.
- Candidates must work through a lens of inclusion, diversity, equity and access.
- Willing to travel/work on location for field recordings and have a valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or related degree.
- Ability to pitch story ideas, research ideas, and associate produce.
- Work effectively with co-workers, sponsors and partners.
- Proficiency with production programs dealing with graphics, social media platforms and audio production.
- Proficiency in a collaborative multiplatform culture and work environment.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including some nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
Will include both normal office environment as well as in production areas and on location. Travel may be required. At times, may be required to appear on WGVU Public Media for fundraising and promotional announcements or events. WGVU is a smoke, nicotine, and drug-free work environment. WGVU staff are considered Essential Personnel and are required to work when classes are cancelled or GVSU is closed. You must have a valid driver’s license. Must have the ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including some nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individual currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Job Type: 12 Month Adjunct with the possibility of annual renewal
Department/Division: WGVU / University Relations
Campus: Grand Rapids
Application Deadline: Until filled. Consideration of applications will begin immediately and may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
How to Apply: Apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu and select "Apply now". Please include a one-page cover letter describing why you are a good fit for this position specifically through the lens of equity and inclusion, a link to your demo reel and/or samples of your work, and a resume. The online application will allow you to attach these documents electronically. On the application, you will be required to provide names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses for three professional references. If you have questions or need assistance, call Human Resources at 616-331-2215.