|Date Posted||June 14, 2022|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||Up to $55,000|
The College of Arts & Letters’ Office of Communications at the University of Notre Dame is seeking a dynamic, intellectually curious, creative, collaborative video producer who is passionate about producing content involving the arts, humanities, and social sciences. Videos about students, faculty, and alumni are essential to the College’s marketing and communications efforts, and the video producer is responsible for coordinating and executing all aspects of these projects.
The video producer collaborates with the College’s director of communications and marketing to develop a slate of video projects based on the strategic priorities of the College, then works either independently or with colleagues to complete these complex assignments. This position requires comprehensive knowledge of video production and storytelling techniques in order to create content with a consistently high production value.
The content the video producer creates directly supports key College and University goals, including showcasing the practical, intrinsic, and long-term value of a liberal arts education broadly and through specific programs; how faculty research in the arts, humanities, and social sciences is influential and impactful; and how alumni who studied the liberal arts apply their skills and abilities in their careers to be a force for good in the world.
Under the supervision of the communications director, specific duties of this position include:
- Establishing video strategies and priorities for the College based on applicable communications and outreach goals. Ensuring that video content related to the College, its reputation, messages, and top-priority initiatives are well communicated and promoted.
- Working independently to plan and execute all logistical and creative aspects of video production (including location scouting, scheduling, camera, lighting, and audio), both for on-campus shoots as well as occasional field production across the country and around the world.
- Executing all post-production, including editing, graphics, audio, and color.
- Curating and optimizing the College’s YouTube presence and managing video content on the Arts and Letters website; coordinating distribution of videos to a variety of key audiences; collaborating with colleagues in Arts and Letters and across campus to maximize exposure of the College’s video content; and conducting periodic auditing of department websites to ensure optimized use of video content.
- Working closely with other university communicators to stay current on best practices for video shooting and editing. Conducting best practices research and implementation proposals as assigned.
- Contributing as an active member of the communications team, including strategizing and brainstorming on new campaigns and major projects, creating and managing content for some social media platforms, helping staff student recruitment events, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in film, video production, new media communications, journalism, liberal arts, or related field
- 5 years of professional experience in video production, communications, marketing, public relations, or other media environments
- Experience as a videographer with strong storytelling skills and excellent video editing skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Premiere Pro and Photoshop)
- Experience with technical aspects of video recording, lighting, and sound recording and production, as well as ability to operate professional and prosumer video cameras
- Experience in or familiarity with higher education, especially the liberal arts
- Ability to think abstractly, conceptually, strategically, and tactically
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including a keen attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Expert skills and experience in client relationship management, including the ability to work with diverse creative and technical teams and the ability to communicate clearly and collaborate effectively with a broad range of campus constituencies
- Demonstrable interpersonal and presentation skills for frequent contact with clients and colleagues across the University
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to shoot and edit still photos