Washington, District of Columbia
|Date Posted||June 13, 2022|
CEO Update is hiring a reporter to cover one of the most influential and varied sectors of the economy—the world of trade groups, professional societies and other associations. There really are associations for almost everything, so we have lots of subjects and timely, important issues to write about.
Our readers: CEOs and senior staffers at trade groups, professional societies and other nonprofit organizations.
Our staff: Experienced journalists committed to the highest standards of research, analysis and writing.
Our topics: Lobbying and advocacy, nonprofit governance, organizational management, recruiting, workplace culture, diversity and inclusion, technology, finance and more.
The person in this position will:
- Write profiles, features and news stories for the print publication and website.
- Collaborate with colleagues, participate in story planning and attend occasional events.
- Closely follow the comings and goings of CEOs and senior staff for the newsletter’s section on departures and arrivals.
- Work a hybrid schedule: 2-3 days a week in the office by Farragut Square in Washington, D.C., and 2-3 days a week from home.
- At least three years of news and feature writing for print and/or online publications.
- Superior interviewing and information-gathering skills.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely for a sophisticated, executive-level audience.
- The curiosity and creativity needed to generate story ideas and develop fresh angles on recurring topics.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to work independently while juggling multiple stories and tight deadlines.
- Social media savvy.
- Skills in photography and/or graphics are a plus.
How to apply:
Send cover letter, resume and availability to Editorial Director Lori Sharn at Sharn@CEOupdate.com. Provide three to five published writing samples, including briefs and feature articles up to 1,500 words.