Falls Church, Virginia
|Date Posted||June 07, 2022|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Salary||$40,000 to $45,000|
We are recruiting an Editorial Assistant to join our Worldwide Tax Treaties team. We have a hybrid work environment with 2 days working remotely, and 3 days in office (Tuesday through Thursday). Start time 8:30 or 9am.
SUMMARY: Under supervision, writes brief news stories and summaries of tax treaties, news releases, and other documents, following prescribed editorial and style manual guidelines. Collects, processes, and maintains data for online research product. Prepares daily data for publication as assigned. Researches and retrieves source material from various government and media sites. Assists in the general preparation of documents for publication and performs quality control reviews on final products. Performs tasks in XHTML code as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet editorial department objectives.
- Writes brief news stories and summaries of tax treaties, news releases, and other documents.
- Processes treaties and other documents as assigned and enters necessary information in Content Management System.
- Assists in conducting web research to find treaties, news, and related information.
- Checks for content accuracy, grammar, spelling, and consistency, in accordance with established policies and procedures and company style guide. Assists with editing as needed and notifies quality control of errors.
- Monitors progress of documents through the Content Management System.
- Performs quality control reviews and makes corrections and updates as necessary.
- Performs various tasks in XHTML code to enhance content, such as adding logical identifiers.
- Updates and maintains data in tables and treaties to ensure accuracy.
- Works with editors and production department staff to meet established deadlines.
- Cross-trains with other department members and acts as backup for other team members as required or assigned.
- Adheres to established publication deadlines and company style guide.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Motivated, well-organized, with excellent attention to detail
- Computer proficiency in Windows, Office, electronic databases, and web searching
- Works well in a team environment and independently
- Ability to meet strict daily deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities
- Demonstrated dependability through punctual attendance
About Tax Analysts
Founded in 1970, we are a non-profit global publisher and the essential source of news and analysis for over 150,000 tax professionals, with correspondents in more than 125 countries, and a staff of almost 200. Tax Notes is the name of our publications. You can get an idea of our work at www.taxnotes.com.
Tax Analysts offers opportunities to work from home and a casual work environment in the office -- relaxed dress code and pet friendly – where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally.. We're proud to have been named a Top Workplace in the D.C Metro area by the Washington Post, and a Top Workplace by Energage in 2021 & 2022. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package.
Work is normally performed in the Falls Church office, Mon-Fri, flexible start time, hybrid work schedule (2 days remote, 3 days in office).
- College degree in English, journalism, related field, or equivalent experience required
- 1 to 3 years of experience in editing or copy editing material for print and electronic products preferred
- Experience with XHTML preferred
- Knowledge of foreign languages or international exposure a plus
- Health/Dental/Vision: $0 employee plans, family plans start at $65/month
- 401K: Immediately vested, 4% match
- Parental leave: 5 weeks paid
- Tuition assistance
- Qualified employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PFSL)
- Paid Time Off (13 days vacation to start, 13 days sick, 11 holidays)
- Pet-friendly office
- Private gym onsite