The University of Mississippi
|Date Posted||June 07, 2022|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) seeks Communications Specialists to join the team within University Marketing & Communications, the office responsible for telling and sharing the compelling and engaging stories of the university and its students, faculty and staff. Reporting to the director of news and media relations, Communications Specialists contribute to how the university reaches internal and external audiences. By building partnerships with other schools, colleges and departments across campus, Communications Specialists develop communications and marketing content for a wide range of platforms (digital and print). The Office of Marketing & Communications anticipates this position being eligible for a hybrid work arrangement.
Candidates must have:
- Skill to produce original news and feature stories as well as editorial content for projects, publications, presentations and websites.
- Experience building partnerships and collaborations with a variety of stakeholders that leads to engaging content.
- Ability to apply strategic communications approaches.
- Ability to identify and implement new, innovative storytelling platforms to reach broader audiences.
- Knowledge to coordinate additional editorial content such as photo, video, graphics, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field.
- Three (3) years of experience related to the described duties.
This position is located on the University of Mississippi’s main campus in the beautiful town of Oxford, one hour southeast of Memphis. Often referred to as the “Cultural Mecca of the South” and home to a vibrant arts culture, Oxford is recognized widely as one of America’s best places to live. It has been home to many outstanding writers and, in recent years, it has become known for its award-winning chefs and restaurateurs.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, or until an adequate applicant pool is established. The University of Mississippi is an EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Title VI/Title VII/Title IX/504/ADA/ADEA employer.
To apply, please visit http://careers.olemiss.edu. Only applicants who apply here will be considered.