|Date Posted||June 06, 2022|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing, Digital Media|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
DFWChild is looking for an editor to join our print and digital editorial team. The ideal candidate is passionate about our audience of moms with kids ages 0-12 years in the Dallas-Fort Worth area; excels at managing a small, close-knit team; has a background in journalism and is a pleasure to work with. He or she will be working across all platforms (print, digital, newsletters and social) and will write articles—both short- and longform; edit copy across all platforms; grow and manage our stable of freelancers; contribute original ideas for articles on all platforms and manage the editorial department’s budget and copy flow.
- 2-3 years minimum of journalism experience
- Extensive knowledge of AP Style
- People, copy and budget management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar and punctuation
- Passionate about parenting topics and communicating with our readership of moms with kids ages 012 years
- Highly organized
- Lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area
- Manage a small editorial team
- Grow and manage stable of freelancers
- Pitch, write and edit articles across all platforms
- Manage the editorial budget
Please email your cover letter, resume and clips/links of relevant work to email@example.com with the subject line: Editor 2022.