Science and Medicine Group
Arlington (Remote Opportunity), Virginia
|Date Posted||June 01, 2022|
|Industry||Digital Media, Newsletters|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Science and Medicine Group is a global leader in medical media and market research. We are looking for a talented reporter/editor to join our editorial team in delivering trustworthy and relevant news for either scienceboard.net or Lab Pulse.
As an assistant editor, you will write and produce news and features to serve an audience of researchers, specialists, and other life sciences professionals. Our fast-paced, daily coverage includes clinical and business updates, special features, columns, and videos that support life sciences researchers and team members.
This is a full-time, remote opportunity. Please apply with your resume and salary requirements. Science and Medicine Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive benefits package, including matching 401(k) contributions and paid time off.
What You’ll Do
- Write and edit daily website content, including news briefs, breaking news, and features
- Identify content relevant to our audience using press releases, journal publications, and search terms and trends
- Cover conferences, webinars, and other industry events in-person and remotely
- Contribute to social media platforms by promoting stories online and participating in video event coverage
- Collaborate with the Editor-in-Chief to brainstorm and execute special projects and long-term initiatives
What We’re Looking For
- Go-getter personality that seeks sources and story ideas with enthusiasm
- Detail-oriented focus with the ability to write factual and grammatically accurate stories
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and deliver content on deadline
- Comfort on camera and video content creation
- Excellent digital and written and communication skills; able to clearly communicate ideas to multiple audiences
- A. or B.S. in a relevant field or equivalent editorial experience
- Willing to do some travel to conferences and trade shows
- Ability to understand and communicate scientific and medical concepts for audiences varying levels of expertise
- 2+ years of experience in writing, editing, reporting, or publishing
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience producing health, science, or technical content for life sciences professionals
- Experience working in a newsroom or other type of fast-paced, daily news reporting environment
- Knowledge of AP style and experience conforming to a style guide
- Experience with social media management and publishing, including on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Experience covering live events and reporting with video and mobile set-ups
- Degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or health sciences
EOE: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.