||May 03, 2022
||Magazines / Publishing
Magazine Editor (remote)
HOTELS magazine is seeking an Editor to join its editorial team to cover the global hospitality industry in the leading B2B publication. The candidate should be a skilled, versatile journalist who executes easily among websites and social media platforms while writing and editing for our magazine. The right candidate has experience in overseeing magazine productions from beginning to end and is used to working under breaking news situations. The candidate also needs substantial editing and writing experience, preferably in the hospitality, financial and investment sectors. This position also includes coordinating content for publications (digital/printed), administration tasks of a publication, updating websites and producing a daily newsletter.
The right candidate must be motivated, organized, positive, and eager to advance his/her career in the rapidly growing publishing industries of hospitality and investment. Preferably candidates have a background as a newspaper or magazine reporter/editor.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects based on a deadline schedule.
- Coordinate and write content to be published in blogs and magazines
- Teamwork in a remote full-time position.
- Manage and participate in print magazine editing and production workflow
- Coordinate with outside contributors for columns and freelance articles
- Strong ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with fellow editors and team members
- Stay up to date on industry trends, terms, and knowledge of key players
- SEO tasks and updating websites.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with key professionals
- Highly organized, self-driven, proactive and collaborative
- Successfully executes in a deadline driven environment to push projects forward to ensure deadlines are met
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/Journalism a plus
- At least 5 years of related work experience, including digital/web (business/financial reporting experience / interest a plus)
- Evidence of excellent writing, reporting, and editing abilities; knowledge of AP style
- Fluent on social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram)
- Comfortable and capable with digital platforms and tools
- Web editorial/online newsletter experience
- SEO knowledge a plus
- Experience in the global hospitality industry preferable
What We Can Offer:
- Monthly salary and opportunity for performance-based bonuses.
- Opportunity to work in an expanding industry with unlimited potential.
- Company Information
- HOTELS is a trade publication serving the information needs of the worldwide hospitality industry. Established in 1966, HOTELS is published 9 times a year. Regular features include design, food and beverage, technology, and a global update section with industry news, executive interviews and marketing stories.
REQUIRED: Include writing/editing samples of your work (or link to portfolio/magazines) when submitting resume. Submit desired salary range.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2022