||April 29, 2022
||Magazines / Publishing
We are recruiting a Legal Editor to to join our Tax Notes International team! We have a hybrid work environment with 2 days working remotely, and 3 days in our Falls Church office (Tuesday through Thursday). Start time flexible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet editorial department objectives.
- Edits inside and outside analysis, news, and commentary for print and electronic publication, according to established procedures.
- Edits for substance, style, and accuracy; conducts research as needed; and ensures proper citation style, according to established policies and procedures.
- Ensures a consistently high level of quality in the writing and editing of commentary and news stories.
- Enters information in the Content Management System, according to established procedures.
- Adheres to established publication deadlines and company style guide.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of writing and editing concepts and principles
- Must be able to evaluate content for grammar, clarity, and coherence
- Technical expertise in tax-related subject matter, generally acquired through education, but may also be acquired on the job
- Ability to apply knowledge of tax law and writing concepts in a flexible, appropriate manner to diverse media and formats
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain rapport
- Ability to work under deadline pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Good computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Windows and MS Word
About Tax Analysts
Founded in 1970, we are a non-profit global publisher and the essential source of news and analysis for over 150,000 tax professionals, with correspondents in more than 125 countries, and a staff of almost 200. Tax Notes is the name of our publications. You can get an idea of our work at www.taxnotes.com.
Tax Analysts offers opportunities to work from home and a casual work environment in the office -- relaxed dress code and pet friendly – where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally.. We're proud to have been named a Top Workplace in the D.C Metro area by the Washington Post 3 years in a row, and a Top Workplace by Energage in 2021 & 2022. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package.
Learn more about who we are - visit our LinkedIn Company page and our Top Workplace page. Check out the word cloud below to see how our employees describe the culture of the Editorial team.
- J.D. or equivalent experience preferred
- 2+ years experience in writing, editing or copy editing print and electronic products, including experience in substantive editing of print documents for online presentation
- Previous experience in tax publishing preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard style manuals
- Health/Dental/Vision: $0 employee plans, family plans start at $65/month
- 401K: Immediately vested, 4% match
- Parental leave: 5 weeks paid
- Tuition assistance
- Qualified employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PFSL)
- Paid Time Off (13 days vacation to start, 13 days sick, 11 holidays)
- Pet-friendly office
- Private gym onsite
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2022