|Date Posted||April 19, 2022|
|Industry||Magazines / Publishing|
For more than 60 years, Delaware Today has been the First State’s lifestyle authority. We are an award-winning monthly magazine whose mission is to help people get the most out of living in and visiting the area by being the most valued community resource in print, online and in person.
A division of Today Media (New York), Delaware Today also publishes weekly e-newsletters covering food and drink, culture and entertainment, health and wellness, and more; The Ultimate Guide to Delaware; fall and summer Beach Guides; and 302Health and Weddings Today twice annually. Each year, we host signature events, including Best of Delaware, Women in Business, Excellence in Nursing and the Wedding Show.
Join us and help us tell Delaware’s story!
Preferred Skill Set:
· At least five years of print media experience in the consumer lifestyle space.
· Proficient in AP style.
· Adept at brainstorming, editing and story packaging—we’re looking for a creative and deep thinker who is eager to bring fresh story ideas.
· Clever writer with the know-how to hook readers with witty headlines.
· Detail-oriented, with excellent project management and communication skills.
· Self-motivated team player who works well independently and with colleagues.
· Flexible and able to pivot when necessary.
About the Senior Editor position:
· The Senior Editor will contribute to Delaware Today and DelawareToday.com, Weddings Today and 302Health magazines, and will manage five to six smaller supplements each year.
· The position encompasses regular writing opportunities, but it is primarily an editing role. Strong copy-editing skills are mandatory.
· You should be able to generate creative story ideas and help see them from conception to print.
· Help produce, write and edit features about all things Delaware. Departments include news briefs, arts and culture, food and drink, environment and outdoors, home and design, and lifestyle.
· Help build and maintain a group of reliable freelance contributors.
· Help organize annual lists, such as Top Doctors, Top Lawyers and Top Teachers.
· Attend company events and represent the magazine in the community.
Selected applicants will be asked to take a writing and editing test.