|Date Posted||September 20, 2022|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Epoch Times is seeking experienced political reporters to cover national politics. Candidates must be able to look at the policies and decisions of politicians and translate how they will affect people's lives. We are looking for reporters who will bring clarity to the debates, hot-button issues, and trends that are transforming both the parties and the country.
- Identify and collect information on the significant, under-reported, and newsworthy national political events.
- Assemble and verify facts through conducting interviews and examining documents and public records.
- Pitch story ideas, follow the hot topics, write news content relevant to our coverage priorities, and develop these as needed.
- Contribute reporting to our video stories through additional research, seeking comments from sources, and conducting interviews.
- Build up a network of contacts and sources within the beat.
- At least 5 years of experience in news reporting
- Familiarity with the news cycle
- Solid news judgment and excellent journalism ethics
- Write clearly and concisely
- Develop engaging in-depth articles
- Perform under tight deadlines
- Efficiency and productivity
Send your resume, a cover letter, and two or more samples of your work to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.