|Date Posted||June 23, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
WSYX/WTTE in Columbus, OH is seeking an experienced, hands-on Assistant News Director with strong leadership skills and clear understanding of on-air and digital platforms. Our mission is to produce impactful stories with a distinctive focus on accountability reporting.
- Oversee the station’s news staff that produces 65+ hours of local news weekly
- Work closely with station's News Director to develop goals and strategies
- Responsible for initiating and managing growing content delivery on multiple platforms
- Train, develop, and coach reporters and MMJs
- Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control, brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback to all news staff
- Direct newsroom operations, review scripts and manage schedules
- Help News Director recruit and hire for news department personnel
- Collaborate with News Director to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach said goals
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Ability to handle breaking news situations and changing events
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Journalism degree and a minimum of five years experience in news management with noted leadership skills is required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We're at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.