|Date Posted||May 12, 2022|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Epoch Times is looking to hire a dedicated and self-motivated journalist to cover one of a number of national news beats and and craft rigorous, authoritative, and serious news articles and features.
Ideal candidates should be grounded in journalism ethics and dedicated to seeking the truth regardless of how it may contrast with personal bias or convictions.
– Write five clean-copy, AP-style news articles based on original reporting every week
– Anticipate, prepare for and cover major developments within an assigned beat
– Build meaningful relationships with sources
– Collect material for feature stories while meeting a daily deadline for breaking news
– Generate and pitch ideas for original stories and features
– Work flexible days and hours which may include nights and weekends
– A four-year degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
– five years of experience as a professional reporter
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three samples of your news writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.