|Date Posted||January 12, 2022|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Duties include editing reporters’ stories, editing layout, formatting/editing guest submissions, writing briefs and articles, posting breaking news to web and/or social media, plus more.
This is a great position for the experienced reporter looking to elevate their career, or the experienced editor seeking long term, consistent work. It’s preferred that the candidate lives in Gallup, but telecommuting could work for the dedicated candidate.
- Candidate must possess a BA degree in journalism, communications, English, or any other degree w/commensurate daily or weekly newspaper experience
- Daily or weekly newspaper writing experience
- Ability to read articles with scrutiny, checking for facts, errors, consistency, flow, spelling, and syntax
- AP Stylebook savvy – must own one, and know how to use it
- Internet and social media literate
- Must own a smart phone and reliable computer w/high speed Internet, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiar with Google docs (will train the right candidate)
- Excellent communication skills and follow through
- Punctuality and reliability are key to success in this position
Please email cover letter, resume, and 5 clips or links to stories you’ve written to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Attn: Publisher Babette Herrmann. No phone calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, or Contract. Telecommuting OK.
Compensation: DOE; Negotiable
Required education: Bachelor's degree