||January 11, 2022
Discover where your talent fits best at ALM…
At ALM, we’re reinventing the way professionals use information, news, data, marketing solutions and events to manage the business of business. Headquartered in New York City and with offices worldwide, ALM brands have been serving their markets since 1843. Join our team of talented ALMers working to create an exceptional experience for our audiences and customers across the globe.
Who We Are...
ALM is a business-to-business information and intelligence media company that delivers premium content to professionals in the legal, financial services, benefits, consulting, property and casualty insurance, and real estate industries.
About the Team: As part of ALM’s global newsroom, the Rapid Response team covers the news, trends and issues affecting major law firms and the legal industry. We’re focused on delivering breaking news, analysis and features on matters that impact large and midsize firms’ business, such as mergers, staffing issues, geographic expansion, management and compensation, as well as the evolution of new models for delivering legal services.
- You will be a member of the Rapid Response team, aggressively pursuing multiple stories per day for ALM’s regional and national legal brands
- Responsible for a minimum of 3-5 quick news articles per day, plus two enterprise pieces per month, all with an eye toward impactful litigation filings and rulings; emerging litigation and business of law trends; interesting and influential personalities in the legal profession; and legal industry controversies that will create buzz and spark conversations among readers
- As part of that beat, you will also be responsible for covering Pennsylvania state court cases, decisions and administrative issues as well as federal courts in Pennsylvania
- Develop sources, establish and broaden a base of industry contacts
- Work well in a team environment with colleagues based around the world
- Responsible for increasing traffic and engagement
- Establish a positive presence in the legal community and represent the organization in a knowledgeable, professional manner
- Ensure stated deadlines are met and the highest quality and value is achieved
- Must be team-oriented and have strong communication skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Journalism or Communications or similar degree
- Have a strong interest in and aptitude for serving a legal audience with high-level law-related content
- Possess excellent communication skills, including oral, written and public speaking ability
- Possess excellent time-management skills
- Be technologically adept and well-versed in social media, which you will use to monitor emerging topics of interest in the legal community
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and problem-solving skills, results-focused business orientation
- Must to be adaptable and able to take feedback
- Must have a can-do attitude
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Why you should join ALM...
- Generous Benefit Plans for Medical, Vision & Dental Coverage
- 401(K) Plan With Match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days & Sick Days)
- Summer Fridays - Early Office Closure
- Paid Holidays
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Dependent Care & Medical Expenses
- Parental Leave
- Career Development Learning & Training Opportunities
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Short-term & Long-term Disability Coverage
- Flexible Work Schedules
ALM provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, national origin,age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ALM complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2022