|Date Posted||January 10, 2022|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
We are seeking a content specialist responsible for developing and writing content in support of both internal (member) and external (key stakeholders) communications/marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years' worth of content experience with a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications or related field. The content specialist must have experience preparing and managing an editorial content calendar. AP writing experience and expertise is a must as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office. Adobe Creative Suite experience is a plus.
• Conceptualize, research, write, edit, publish and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and supports robust internal and external content strategies.
• Collaborate with other departments to identify suitable topics to enhance reputation and information.
• Collaborate with staff liaisons and committees for story leads on a regular basis.
• Organize and create supporting materials to extend the life of NATA research and the Journal of Athletic Training articles.
• Use various assets - photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation and charts – to increase users’ understanding.
• Collaborate with staff to extend content throughout digital channels.
• Lead author and editor for the NATA Now blog.
• Collaborate, develop, edit and write for the NATA News and Sports Medicine Legal Digest, and other publications as needed.
• Leverage and initiate member and key stakeholder research to proactively determine content needs and optimize communications accordingly.
• Assist in the review of all marketing and communications materials and assets to ensure brand standards are maintained and aligned with intended NATA brand messaging and strategy.
• Collaborate, develop, edit and write various NATA e-newsletters.
• Other duties as needed.
The National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA) is the professional membership association for certified athletic trainers and others who support the athletic training profession. Founded in 1950, the The majority of certified athletic trainers choose to be members of the NATA – to support their profession, and to receive a broad array of membership benefits. Please visit www.nata.org for more information
We provide a full complement of benefits including generous leave policies and benefit money provided by NATA to be utilized toward a benefit package that makes sense for each individual employee. We also offer a 401(k) and pension plan, wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and flextime.
**Due to the pandemic, NATA employees have been working 100% from home since March 2020. At this point NATA does not have a planned return date to the office, and thus, this recruiting process will be conducted remotely.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to HR@nata.org.