||January 07, 2022
Questex is seeking a sharp and eager journalist to join our team of editors across Fierce Wireless, Fierce Telecom and Fierce Video. The Fierce Telecom Group Staff Writer will cover daily news that includes context and perspective that our readers can’t get elsewhere.
Our ideal candidate is hungry to make a name for themselves as a reporter. They excel not only at building sources and breaking news, but at digging into the why and how behind the daily stories.
This person will also have a strong commitment to editorial quality and ethics, a passion for diving deep into the subjects they cover, and the desire to have a little fun with what they do.
- Write daily news stories for Fierce Wireless and Fierce Telecom.
- Handle some copyediting.
- Help with administrative tasks such as posting video-based stories.
- Participate in teamwide special reports and features, such as Rising Stars in Telecom and Most Powerful Person in Wireless.
- Attend, report on and participate in industry and investor conferences.
- Contribute to our own Fierce live and virtual events.
- Interview C-suite executives, regulators, marketing and manufacturing executives, analysts and other industry sources.
- Assist with newsletter layouts, subject lines and preheaders as needed.
- Help with Fierce’s social media coverage, posting to Fierce Wireless and Fierce Telecom channels and using personal handles as appropriate.
- Work with the editor-in-chief and senior editors on wireless and telecom editorial strategy, style and processes.
- Brainstorm and bring to life new features and special reports that help the team interact with and engage our dedicated community of readers.
- Develop sources, open channels with key companies, tap relevant news alerts and company mailing lists and follow public filings and other company documents.
- Monitor social media for news.
- Track wireless and telecom news in rival publications.
- Mine government databases, court documents, securities filings and other public sources for news and enterprise stories.
- Assist in efforts to improve journalistic quality, graphics and images, and SEO across the Fierce group.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a newsroom, preferably covering business topics.
- Degree in journalism, communications, English or another writing-intensive major, or industry-relevant field such as business.
- Strong writing skills and knowledge of AP style.
- Competitive spirit and desire to scoop the competition.
- Most importantly, a positive attitude, “Fierce” work ethic and desire to work on a winning team of journalists who pride themselves on delivering business news in a fresh, relatable way.
Come join our talented group of writers and editors who enjoy our work—and working together. We believe we’re fielding the best team we’ve ever had, and we want you to be a part of it.
To apply, submit your résumé, cover letter and three published clips, including features and deadline news to Linda Hardesty firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2022