Freelance Reporter (PT)
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
This is your chance to be part of an amazing team and report on important events from Washington, D.C. for the Sinclair Broadcast Group. We are seeking ever-curious journalists who are able to tell stories either from angles that no one else has or enterprise pieces that engage and impact audiences on multiple platforms. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The position is temporary and part time. It requires strong skills in journalism and leadership. We are seeking a dynamic personality to cover and develop national stories to air on stations across the country. Essential skills include the ability to conduct interviews with newsmakers and ad-lib during breaking news.
Our reporters participate in coverage planning and produce content regularly. Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role!
Essential Duties and Requirements including the following:
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Energy and positivity
- Ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
- Ability to seek and find unique stories.
- Expertise in producing news content for audiences on multiple platforms
- Must be a team leader that works well with others
- Will work closely with a photojournalist
- A self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas daily
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
- Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
- Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, ZOOM, or other methods
- Participate in regular content planning meetings
- Post content on assigned digital platforms daily
- Some travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
- At least five (5) years of reporting experience is required
- Considerable live shot experience is preferred
- Proven social media engagement necessary
This is not an entry-level position. If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online and include a link to your latest work.