||May 14, 2022
The position requires strong skills in journalism and leadership. We are seeking a dynamic personality to cover and develop national stories to air on stations across the country. Essential skills include the ability to conduct interviews with newsmakers and ad-lib during breaking news.
This is your chance to be part of an amazing team and report on important events from Washington, D.C. for the Sinclair Broadcast Group. We are seeking ever-curious journalists who are able to tell stories either from angles that no one else has or enterprise pieces that engage and impact audiences on multiple platforms. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The position is temporary and part time. It requires strong skills in journalism and leadership. We are seeking a dynamic personality to cover and develop national stories to air on stations across the country. Essential skills include the ability to conduct interviews with newsmakers and ad-lib during breaking news.
Our reporters participate in coverage planning and produce content regularly. Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role!
Essential Duties and Requirements including the following:
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Energy and positivity
- Ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
- Ability to seek and find unique stories.
- Expertise in producing news content for audiences on multiple platforms
- Must be a team leader that works well with others
- Will work closely with a photojournalist
- A self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas daily
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in story-telling
- Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
- Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
- Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, ZOOM, or other methods
- Participate in regular content planning meetings
- Post content on assigned digital platforms daily
- Some travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
- At least five (5) years of reporting experience is required
- Considerable live shot experience is preferred
- Proven social media engagement necessary
This is not an entry-level position. If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online and include a link to your latest work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
About the Team
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2022