||January 14, 2022
WJAC-TV in Johnstown, PA has a great career opportunity for a Promotions Manager to oversee station promotions, branding, and marketing.
WJAC-TV in Johnstown, PA has a great career opportunity for a Promotions Manager to oversee station promotions, branding, and marketing. The ideal candidate for this position must be able to write, shoot, and edit promos while managing deadlines. At least two years of promotion experience is necessary as well as proficiency with Avid and Photoshop. Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills are a must. Strong professional shooting skills and experience in News promotion are necessary. The successful candidate should be an outstanding promotions writer, producer and creative self-starter who can take a concept through every stage of production.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Produce daily syndicated and news topical promos
- Supervise and train promotion assistant in the development and execution of production skills including shooting, writing, and editing techniques
- Maintain continuity of graphic design for on-air promotional spots and station packaging elements
- Oversee scheduling of promotional spots on log and maintain inventory
- Assist in creation of contests/promotions to support relationships with other media partners
- Produce compelling advertising for station programming to generate viewer interest
- Design and develop promotional campaigns ranging from proof of performance to image and sweeps campaigns
- Create radio, cable, and digital promotions for outside media
- Direct talent for in studio and on-location productions
- A formal education equivalent of a B.S. degree in Broadcast Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field is required
- 2-4 Years relevant experience in television promotion/production
- Extensive knowledge of television production techniques, shooting, and computer graphics, including Avid editing, Photoshop, and Aftereffects
- Strong communication skills, comfortable interacting with Sales, News, and Digital Departments
- Strong organization skills required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
About the Team
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2022