||November 25, 2021
7 News in Washington, DC is searching for our next excellent Executive Producer. You will join the fastest growing local news in the DC market with the strongest brand. We are “7 News On Your Side” in everything we do, from breaking news, impactful distinctive storytelling and enterprising investigative news content.
7 News in Washington, DC is searching for our next excellent Executive Producer. You will join the fastest growing local news in the DC market with the strongest brand. We are “7 News On Your Side” in everything we do, from breaking news, impactful distinctive storytelling and enterprising investigative news content. Our viewing area covers Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia and we are committed to serving our diverse communities.
The ideal candidate must be a “Show Doctor” at heart, understanding high impact, informative, distinctive, and production driven newscasts. Must be able to pivot quickly in breaking news to guide our coverage on both of our stations 7 News & 24/7 News with an instinct to break on digital first! You should be someone who stays calm under pressure to focus our “7 News On Your Side” coverage.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with a focus on quality control. You must have excellent people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating strong writing. Must be able to support a newsroom that promotes and seeks diversity of thought in our editorial decisions.
If you have passion, endurance and perseverance for news, apply today!
- Overseeing the production of our multiple nightly newscasts
- Monitoring reporter “On Your Side” story development on all platforms
- Working closely with Producers, Reporters, Anchors, Assignment Editors and Photographers on daily ‘On Your Side’ news coverage
- Reviewing copy and editing scripts
- Working with the News Director, Assignment Manager and other News Managers to plan daily, weekly and long term coverage
- Recruiting, hiring, scheduling and performance management for your team
- Coordinating with other SBG group stations and our DC bureau for story sharing and collaboration
- Routinely being on the weekend on-call list
- Overseeing any and all sponsored content in newscasts to remain compliant with company policies
- Ordering and producing graphics to enhance show production
- Being able to fill-in and produce newscasts on occasion
- Assisting in the planning and promotion of our “On Your Side” stories
- Approving nightly topicals
- Producing ‘cold opens’ for newscasts
- Previous line producing experience
- Working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
- Proven track record for getting ratings results
- Ability to plan and adjust personnel during breaking news
- Broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment
- Four-year degree in journalism or communications preferred
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to multi-task under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience with Avid, iNews, Outlook, Tagboard, CrowdTangle, Grabix, Axis graphics and StoryTeller preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
About the Team
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021