||November 19, 2021
The Dallas Morning News has an opening for a part-time digital sports producer. This editor's primary job will be help produce and promote content for all platforms of digital.
Other components of the job include:
- Aggregation of content across Web, conducting news searches to find news, tidbits, editing, writing and display.
- Work on digital and multimedia projects, mobile, photo and video.
- Analyze traffic patterns and test new technological solutions.
- There will be plenty of hands-on work updating the site throughout the shift -- that includes design, editing, writing and display. Plus, doing anything else that expands -- and improves -- the content on the site. But there will also be time to plan the next big thing.
- Social media promotion.
- The planned hours of this position will likely be varied, but could include nights, weekends and holidays.
Key attributes of a candidate include:
- Good news judgment, grammatical precision, a flair for headlines, energy, curiosity and an appreciation for to provide the best local sports coverage with impact and excitement.
- Someone who is versatile and speedy both as a journalist and as a web producer. Someone who can post a story within seconds without much of a safety net.
- Candidates need strong communication, organizational and time management skills and must embrace that the job sometimes will mean working at various hours.
- Experience in Web design, multimedia and interactivity is preferred.
Dallas Morning News Corporation recognizes that different perspectives and backgrounds drive the innovation and ideas that are essential to our business success. To that end, we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff. Diversity, equity and inclusion will be embedded in the hiring, promotion and development of our employees, in reaching diverse audiences with our content, and in choosing the companies with which we do business.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021