||November 15, 2021
||Magazines / Publishing
||$40,000 to $45,000
Digital and Social Media Editor
Culture Media is looking for a creative and passionate Digital and Social Editor to research, plan, develop and implement web and social content for our brand. In this role, your main goal will be to produce creative content that attracts an audience.
** Note that this position is currently remote but may transition to an office in the Portland, Maine area in 2022.
About Culture Media:
Culture Media is the ultimate brand for those who love cheese. We serve content to our consumer and professional audiences across print and digital platforms as well as through virtual and face-to-face events. Our magazine is devoted to delivering the most innovative, eye-opening stories about the world’s many cheeses and cheesemakers. Within each issue, you can travel to gorgeous cheese regions, meet passionate makers and mongers, and discover one-of-a-kind recipes. Stunning photos, engaging narratives, and expert-guided editorial lineups make culture a resource for readers of any background.
Digital Editor duties and responsibilities
- Create, produce and manage high-quality content
- Supervise layout of images, graphics, videos and other artwork for digital and social platforms
- Regularly check and track content on all platforms
- Proofread and edit materials
- Adhere to SEO rules
- Adhere to copyright and privacy standards and company policies
- Determine and track important KPIs
- Track and analyze website traffic
- Produce and present analytical reports
- Keep abreast of new trends in web technology
- Build relationships with clients and advertisers, and traffic digital sales from inception to completion on website and digital platforms
Digital Editor requirements and qualifications
- 1-3 years of experience
- Excellent proofreading, editing and copywriting skills
- Available portfolio of published work
- In-depth knowledge of software such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of best SEO practices
- Knowledge of Marketing and SEO tools
- Knowledge of content management systems
- Attention to detail
- Creative and critical thinker who’s an adaptive problem-solver
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Previous working experience as a Digital Editor a plus
- Interest in and previous experience working in the specialty food arena a plus
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021