||November 11, 2021
About the job
The ideal candidate for dot.LA’s editorial internship should be pursuing journalism as a career and have experience writing quick, clean and accurate copy. We're a small office at the beginning of our journey, so this role will influence how we approach daily news and directly support the editorial vision for the site’s growth.
The Editorial Intern will work closely with our Managing Editor to gain valuable experience in news writing and digital storytelling, as well as an opportunity to be at the helm of a growing local digital news outlet.
- Assist the dot.LA team with daily updates on Los Angeles’ tech and startup world.
- Help reporters keep a close eye on developments on their beats and on SEC filings for new companies and corporate fundraising.
- Work closely with the audience team to engage and inform our readers.
- Brainstorm and develop editorial content in support of dot.LA stories, series, podcasts and events.
- A strong understanding of dot.LA's editorial voice and an interest in Los Angeles, technology, and startups.
- Experience writing news copy for the web.
- An understanding of best practices for social media and audience engagement for journalistic outlets.
- Willingness to accept direction and participate fully in a collaborative and creative work environment, while also working independently and proactively on multiple assignments.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021