||November 10, 2021
||Public Relations, Government
||$99,890 - $137,850
? Want to help shape the future of transportation in San Francisco?
? Have a passion for storytelling and community engagement?
? Have a commitment to advancing equity in San Francisco's transportation system?
If so, we invite you to apply to bring your skills and experience to our communications team.
We’re looking for applicants with 3 years or more of experience in public outreach, public relations, and/or communications. As our Senior Communications Manager, you will lead communications and public outreach for a variety of planning efforts, from neighborhood-specific initiatives to citywide long-range transportation plans.
Reports to: Director of Communications
Exemption status: Full-time, Exempt
We’re looking for candidates who will bring:
- Public engagement experience to develop and implement outreach and engagement plans.
- Project management skills to oversee outreach plans and community events.
- Digital engagement experience to oversee, develop, and grow online engagement, including our website and social media channels.
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail to review and create content for our website, social media, blog, email alerts, and our monthly newsletter.
- Interpersonal communication skills to build relationships and engage with members of the public, businesses, other city agencies, and other stakeholders.
- A passion for creating a more equitable future and supporting the needs and priorities of people of color, people with low-income status, seniors, people with disabilities, and more.
- New and creative ideas to involve the community in the planning process.
- The collaborative attitude of a team player.
- Knowledge of San Francisco neighborhoods and proficiency in Spanish or Cantonese are a plus.
Supervises Communications Coordinator and may supervise external consultants.
Annual Compensation Range: $99,890 - 137,850
Salary is effectively higher since the Transportation Authority offers an employer contribution to a retirement plan in lieu of Social Security.
In addition, the Transportation Authority offers a generous cafeteria-style benefits package, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Retirement: Up to 10.88% employer contribution
- Insurance: Health, dental, life, and long-term disability. Medical and dependent care pre-tax reimbursement accounts.
- Deferred Compensation (Section 457)
- Vacation: Three weeks of vacation per year during the first five years of service
- Holidays: 11 holidays per year, plus three personal holidays
- Commuter Benefits: Up to $160 per month in Commuter Checks or a $20 per month bike benefit
This recruitment will remain open until filled. However, first consideration will be given to individuals who respond by December 9, 2021.
Applications must include:
- Cover letter (please indicate where you saw this job posted)
- Three samples of your work, which could include: blog posts, talking points/speeches, outreach and engagement plans, PowerPoint presentations, work-related social media posts, videos, websites, brochures, fact sheets, and posters.
Email your submission to email@example.com
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021