|Date Posted||August 02, 2022|
|Industry||Newspapers / Wires|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
The Bakersfield Californian has two openings for features reporters. You'll report and write a wide variety of features for the daily newspaper and website and our monthly magazine, Bakersfield Life. This reporter will contribute to our social media presence. Photography and video skills are a plus. Our features reporters may be called upon to cover news stories, too.
The Bakersfield Californian is an award-winning newspaper, earning first place general excellence from the California News Publishers Association two years in a row.
We seek reporters who:
• Are good storytellers — and can find good stories.
• Follow the best practices in journalism, Associated Press style and search engine optimization.
• Can effectively work in a content management system.
• A college degree in journalism, communication or a related field is preferred.
• Previous experience as a reporter is required.
• A proven track record of handling both daily and enterprise stories.
• Valid CA drivers license with acceptable DMV record, independent transportation and insurance required
• Competitive pay; medical, dental and vision benefits; paid vacation and sick time; and a 401(k) plan.
Please send a cover letter, resume and work samples.
Apply for this Job
Send your resume to this employer.