||November 25, 2021
||Newspapers / Wires
The Epoch Times seeks to hire a reporter to cover the hard-news health beat with a focus on COVID-19 and related topics, including but not limited to vaccines, mitigation measures, government policy, new research, and the repercussions of the aforementioned on the physical and mental wellbeing of Americans.
The ideal candidate should be grounded in journalism ethics, dedicated to seeking the truth regardless of how it may contrast from personal bias or convictions, and dedicated to diligently pursuing sources and stories.
Skills and Experience
- strong ability to seek out, organize and analyze data to spot trends and outliers
- the acumen for reviewing scientific research and presenting the findings in a clear and engaging matter to a general audience
- deep knowledge of federal, state, local, and private mitigation measures balanced with a clear-eyed understanding of the entanglement of politics and policy
- a rational understanding of the limitations of science, medicine, and data as well as how much remains unknown about the CCP virus
- professional experience in a medical or scientific field is a big plus
- Write five clean-copy, AP-style news articles based on original reporting per week
- Conduct interviews in person or over the phone
- Build meaningful relationships with sources
- Generate and pitch ideas for stories and features on a daily basis
- Conduct regular reporting on several stories to maintain a healthy pipeline of material
- Work flexible days and hours which may include nights and weekends
- five years of experience as a professional reporter or—
- a professional background in medicine, immunology, epidemiology or related field combined with an ability to write clearly and a strong desire for a career transition into journalism
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and work samples to email@example.com
When applying, mention you saw this opening listed at JournalismJobs.com.
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2021