||January 17, 2022
||Magazines / Publishing, Digital Media
Kalmbach Media, an industry leader in entertaining, informing, and inspiring enthusiasts across several markets, is seeking a skilled storyteller with exceptional writing and editing skills to oversee creative and editorial vision for the Discover brand online. The Digital Editor for Discover, a well-known science brand, will have ownership for digital editorial direction and establishing brand guidelines to make sure all content is consistent in style, brand quality and tone of voice. This individual will manage a dedicated content team and be responsible for developing exciting and engaging editorial ideas, editing content, overseeing social media strategy, and managing channel distribution strategy. The Digital Editor will collaborate with both internal and external writers on story ideas and lead dynamic, regular editorial content meetings to strategize on content.
Data is at the core of our strategy development and drives our business decisions. The Digital Editor will work with the Director of Digital Strategy and Digital Analytics Director to measure the impact of our content and adjust content strategy based on meeting identified performance metrics.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the digital content strategy that aligns with Discover’s business goals. Monitor progress, identify risks and opportunities, and adjust strategy as needed to achieve desired business results.
- Write compelling stories and develop new story ideas for Discovermagazine.com that meet audience goals for the site.
- Oversee content distribution channels, including social and newsletters, and guide strategy to align with target audience and traffic goals. Monitor performance and recommended changes to meet objectives.
- Oversee the assignment of stories, internal and external contributor relationships. Proofread articles submitted by other writers to ensure it is engaging, maintains brand standards and is optimized for the web.
- Ensure all stories on the web are optimized for SEO.
- Monitor engagement and performance of content using analytics tools, leveraging insights to make decisions on editorial content.
- Excellent time management and solid organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage the flow of editorial content, prioritize projects, and meet company deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve as creative director for branded and sponsored editorial content programs for third-party marketers.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or Journalism.
- 5+ years’ experience acquiring, writing, and editing a broad range of general science content.
- Experience with managing content for multiple distribution channels, including social and newsletter.
- Proven record for writing and editing science content for the web that drives audience through strong SEO best practices.
- Solid understanding of digital analytics as it pertains to digital content strategy and content performance.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position you must complete our online application and attach your resume along with:
- A detailed cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position
- Your salary requirements
Kalmbach is located in Waukesha Wisconsin, about 20 minutes west of Milwaukee. We offer a customer focused work environment and excellent benefits!
Job ads copyrighted by JournalismJobs.com -- © 1998-2022